Our client provides a partnership of seniors, volunteers and professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults.
The Senior Clinical Program Officer, Supportive Services is a member of the agency’s Senior Management Team and is responsible for ensuring clinical excellence for the seniors they serve and the staff that support them. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with exceptional management and analytical skills, who has a track record in successfully inspiring and guiding staff through growth and transformation and using data to inform programmatic direction.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, this Senior Clinical Program Officer, Supportive Services will provide leadership to three Program Directors who oversee the agency’s programs. The Supportive Services portfolio is comprised of 36 other staff members and budgets totaling $2.7 million.
As a Member of the Senior Management Team:
- Be an astute and creative thought leader in programmatic development, driving strategic direction, agency-wide objectives and standards of excellence in collaboration with two other Senior Program Officers, the Chief Program Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Advancement Officer and the Executive Director.
- Represent the agency within the aging and social service communities, and use the insight gained from external networking to continually expand the agency’s expertise and build strategic partnerships.
- Work with Directors to advance and clarify social work practices and systems and ensure uniformity in agency policies and protocols both intra- and inter-departmentally.
- Embrace a forward-thinking and creative approach to organizational growth and expansion – help to create and implement effective solutions and new and/or modified program initiatives that align with the organization’s mission and strategic vision.
- Collaborate with peers and board leadership on a variety of issues related to good governance, new initiatives, data tracking and program assessment.
For Portfolio of Programs:
- Provide leadership, management supervision and operational guidance to reporting Directors; be accountable for the individuals served and the outcomes created by their departments.
- Oversee the establishment of annual priorities, budgets and comprehensive work plans using good business practices; this includes:
- Establishing and continually refining short and long-term program goals, benchmarks, and logic models; and
- Monitoring progress to ensure challenges are being addressed in a timely manner and that program expectations are met.
- Lead the agency in implementing appropriate intervals for client reassessments and other types of client touch points.
- Ensure that the collection and review of data and evaluation measures become an integral part of program discussions; work with Directors to create systems for timely data entry and review of reports generated from the client management database.
- Partner with the Development team to formulate grant proposals and reports. Oversee the execution of grant activities and the successful achievement of deliverables.
- Coordinate with the Human Resources, IT and Marketing and Communications Departments as well as all Program Directors to support efficiency, cooperation and synergy throughout the agency.
- An LCSW with ten or more years of program management and senior leadership demonstrating program-specific details, accomplishments, and results, and an increasing level of responsibility in a social service agency
- A comprehensive understanding of the field of aging and social work best practices, with a proven track record in establishing effective operational policies and protocols to maximize client services
- Advanced proficiency in utilizing metrics to inform and/or improve program goals
- Knowledge of database functionality and reporting
- Five or more years of experience supervising social workers; SIFI preferred (sequence changed)
- Demonstrated experience fostering a spirit of collaboration and team building with staff during both routine and transformational periods, and capacity to address challenges with flexibility and creativity
- Ability to think strategically and lead with good instincts, sound judgment and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to empower others to achieve results
- Experience with and comfort in presenting at local and national conferences
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A passion, warmth and sensitivity for the agency’s mission, as well as an understanding of Jewish values and the community
- Previous experience working with a program that engages volunteers, a plus