Our client, Met Council, is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy.
Met Council fights poverty through comprehensive social services and by treating each client with compassion, integrity and respect. Their ten different departments are staffed by experts who help over 225,000 clients each year and advocate on behalf of all needy New Yorkers. Their programs range from 100% affordable housing at 21 locations to their family violence program to Holocaust survivor assistance to senior programming to crisis intervention to the largest free kosher food distribution program in the world. Met Council’s network of 75 food pantries, affordable housing sites and JCCs provide services directly in neighborhoods across New York.
This is a key community engagement position. The Program Manager: Volunteer and Emergency Food Fulfillment Center is responsible for creating a hub of volunteer activity in service of supporting ongoing emergency food delivery throughout the community.
- Identify and nurture partnerships with volunteers, donors and community groups to support volunteer activities out of 171 Lexington;
- Identify and engage with non-profit partners and communal institutions to identify individuals and families who could use emergency food packages;
- Support ordering and packing of client’s emergency food packages;
- Implement and maintain inventory control;
- Ensure the space remains a welcoming, exciting, and functional place that supports the agency’s program goals and activities.
- Superior customer service skills
- Significant experience with donors and community stakeholders
- Must be closely familiar with local community groups
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills—both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and all Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Significant organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
Skills and Education:
- Associates degree (required); Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Fluent in English (required); additional languages helpful
- Knowledge of Kashrut laws (preferred)