Our client, SBH Community Services Network, Inc. (SBH) www.sbhonline.org has been a pillar of charity and volunteerism within the Sephardic Jewish community of New York and New Jersey, for over forty years. With ten unique divisions, we aim to provide lasting support to our roughly 70,000 community members. With over 100 staff members and a network of 2,000 plus volunteers, the SBH model functions as the critical link connecting services and support to those in need, imbuing them with strength to cope effectively with challenges, achieve self-sufficiency and rise with dignity to their utmost potential.
ABOUT THE MEDICAL DIVISION:
The Medical Division has been helping patients navigate the complexities of the healthcare system by providing referrals to top physicians, comprehensive guidance and unparalleled support. Throughout the year the Medical Division plans and coordinates educational seminars and preventative screenings, and more recently has been on the forefront of educating our community on the latest in the COVID-19 pandemic. In conjunction with a network of medical professionals, our team strives to go above and beyond to see that treatments are obtained, needs are met and families are cared for.
SBH now seeks a dynamic and skilled candidate to lead the Medical Division into its next phase of growth. The optimal candidate should have expertise in patient and healthcare management. The Medical Division director should have a deep understanding of the complexities of the health care and hospital systems in NY. The Medical Division director will have the ability to cultivate a strong collaboration between staff, volunteers, and lay leaders to enhance Medical Division service provision to the Sephardic community. The ideal candidate will faithfully execute the mission of the Medical Division and will build a high-performing culture of accountability that embraces change and ensures team productivity.
- Oversee the division’s medical referral concierge service linking clients to health care providers
- Build a robust hospital liaison network and a comprehensive directory of external resources
- Maintain updated database with exceptional doctors across all specialties and insurance providers
- Provide oversight to staff and volunteers for all services offered through the Medical Division to ensure quality care
- Work with intra-agency directors to create a comprehensive care management plan for clients and their families
- Work with executive staff on preparation and implementation of budgets
- Create and promote innovative educational and preventative health programming
- Liaison with medical advisory panel for guidance as needed
- Oversee patient transportation services, medical equipment lending program, food services, and short-term apartment stays for hospital admissions
- Manage hospital transfers for patients
- Implement and oversee the medical referral hotline
- 5-8 years plus of proven managerial experience within the healthcare field
- Successful experience with staff supervision and ensuring exceptional service delivery
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills. Possesses an open, collaborative management style and places a high priority on team building
- Ability to use creative and constructive conversation to forge consensus with volunteers and lay leadership
- Possesses the skills to further SBH’s reach and effectiveness across the medical and health care arena
- Demonstrate capacity to think strategically about the resources needed for sustainability and growth
- Charismatic spokesperson to represent the SBH vision, values, and programs within the medical and hospital network