Our client, Met Council is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy.
The Managing Director, Social Services will provide oversight, supervision and direction for the social services units including the Family Violence, Crisis Intervention, Holocaust/Senior Services and Benefits Access programs. The Managing Director will help the programs Directors meet grant deliverables as well as budgetary and other programmatic requirements. The Managing Director will report to the Chief Policy Officer.
- Supervise and guide program directors to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to clients.
- Establish and advance overall vision and direction of social services programming
- Assure grant/contract compliance and program deliverables are met.
- Assure reports are accurate, well written and submitted on time.
- Work with the Data department to ensure program data is adequately tracked and stored.
- Work with senior leadership to maintain and create mission driven services.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the organization’s strategic vision.
- Arrange professional development and training opportunities for Social Service staff.
- Develop program budgets and contract deliverables with the Fiscal department.
Skills and Education:
- Masters required (Social Work, Public Administration, or related)
- SIFI eligible (preferred)
- 5-10 years experience in Social Services
- 3-5 years in a supervisory role
- Strong working knowledge of public benefits and non-public programs to assist the needy
- Fluent in English; additional languages helpful
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office and other software programs
- Knowledge of client data tracking systems such as Awards and Salesforce