Our client is AJC www.ajc.org
The Manager, Financial Donor Services contributes to the overall goals of the organization to provide timely and accurate information and outstanding customer service, as well as maintain strong donor relations. She/he will work closely with the Controller and Assistant Controller to oversee the work of the donor gift processing team and serves as the direct liaison from the Finance Department to the National Resource Development department.
- Manage the transaction processing and financial reporting components of the “Pledge to Cash” business process to ensure, that it is working efficiently and effectively; that key internal controls are in place to ensure that all gifts are recorded accurately and on a timely basis; that there is appropriate documentation supporting the gifts, and that the funds received are properly safeguarded.
- Ensure that there are continuous and collaborative communications on all relevant matters with the National Development Department, Regional Offices, and IT. Coordinate with the manager of the Donor Center and the Director of Development Operations to ensure that financial systems and procedures are effectively aligned with Development operations and polices.
- Assist Donor Center with contacting donors to resolve questions.
- Attends National Development meetings.
- Ensure that effective processes are in place to follow up on gifts received with missing, incomplete, or unclear information, and that effective procedures are in place to provide oversight to the entire process for handling all pledge and gift payments throughout the AJC system.
- Oversee and ensure gift revenue and account receivable are reconciled between the financial accounting system (NetSuite) and the donor management system (Raiser’s Edge) and the bank.
- Oversee various financial campaign revenue reports (e.g., daily gift report, weekly and monthly campaign reports) are issued on a timely basis to provide accurate updates that are distributed to National Development, Regional Offices, and lay leaders.
- In coordination with the Controller, serve as the lead contact for colleagues requesting that new appeal and fund codes are created, and ensure that any new codes are mapped to NetSuite to facilitate the import of data into NetSuite.
- Ensure variance analyses are prepared to identify and explain differences between actual revenue and budgeted revenue.
- In coordination with the Controller and the Assistant Controller, lead and manage the gift processing function, including supervising gift processing staff and providing backup when necessary.
Monthly Campaign Revenue Forecasting:
- Serve as a standing member of the Monthly Development and Finance Forecast Meeting that discusses the reported results of operations, any adjustments to the outlook for the remainder of the year, and actions to be taken to address any changes in projected revenue.
- Responsible for making follow-up adjustments to development reports based on feedback provided at the monthly forecast meeting.
- Responsible for producing and presenting to the group pledge receivable aging and write-off reports.
Management of Restricted Funds:
- Serve as the lead standing member of the Management Restricted Funds Committee (“MRFC” ) The MRFC meets to ensure donor-restricted funds are being spent in compliance with donor wishes and any applicable laws. Develops and oversees the process for managing and reporting on restricted funds. Responsibilities also include organizing, scheduling, and setting the agenda and follow-up for each meeting.
- In coordination with the Stewardship Development Officer, will work with program staff to ensure that gifts are spent appropriately.
- Work closely with National Resource Development in issuing financial annual performance reports to endowment and other donors.
- Develop procedures to ensure that accurate and timely reporting is being provided to donors who have made restricted gifts.
Continuous Operations Improvement:
- Work with the Director of Development Operations to build the agenda and takes charge of ensuring follow-up for the Finance, Business Analyst/Database Administrator, and Development Business Operations Team. This group meets monthly to discuss outstanding matters of importance and discusses ways to continuously streamline and improve the Pledge to Cash business process through technology and other innovative ideas.
- Develop working knowledge of AJC’s gift acknowledgments, tax substantiation, and quarterly pledge reminders processes.
- Responsible for monitoring the activities of the nonprofit watchdog agencies (e.g. Guidestar, Charity Navigator) and recommending any actions required to be taken.
- College degree, with major in business or finance preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience with record keeping in a not-for-profit organization.
- Supervisory experience managing staff.
- Knowledge of fundraising and accounting.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge required, including experience with the building and running of basic queries.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and departments
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Experience in improving efficiency and effectiveness of business processes
- Financially literate with strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills dealing within the department, with other departments, and with donors
- Organized, ability to multi-task
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Experience with using general ledger systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software, with particular experience in Word and Excel.