Our client, Chai Lifeline www.chailifeline.org seeks a Human Resources Manager, responsible for overseeing personnel and daily operations of the human resources department. Their duties include hiring HR personnel, managing the hiring and onboarding procedures for other company employees and coordinating with members of their department to provide support to company employees regarding personal and professional incidents. The position reports to the CEO and can be hybrid (days in the office & days remote).
Human Resources Administration
- Supervise all HR activities, communications, reports, requests, and documents created and received by the unit
- Assess reports provided by the HR team, team leaders and operations managers to determine employee performance and training needs
- Collaborate with Executive and Senior Management to understand and fulfill the current and future staffing needs of the organization.
- Maintain, update, and distribute agency-wide an HR Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Implement, oversee, and manage an employee performance evaluation program to further professional development and maximize employee potential.
- Maintain communication with employees and volunteers to relay agency-wide
- directives and instructions.
- Develop and schedule training and coaching programs for employees at all levels and volunteers.
- Oversee and maintain personnel records and documentation in compliance with HIPPA
- Research compensation standards set by industry and governing bodies to create salary structures and administer employee benefits
- Attend interdepartmental meetings with other managers
- Collaborate with Professional Employee Organization (ADP’s PEO) to maximize impact of the partnership
- Act as the liaison between the PEO, benefit providers and the employees and update employees on changes to benefit plans.
- Review and evaluate the employee benefits program on an ongoing basis to ensure maximum benefits and contain costs
- Review and processing weekly payroll input and submission to ADP.
- Oversee the implementation of the Time and Attendance timekeeping system
- Manage salary increases, promotions and terminations and employee’s communications
- Coordinate with the AP unit the payroll entry to Quick Books
- Run payroll reports as needed
- Maintain the employee profile in ADP
- Create new employee profiles
- Strong computer skills and experience with office management and communication software
- Experience with ADP payroll and PEO, a plus
- Ability to understand statistical data and mathematical concepts and how to apply them to HR processes
- Excellent leadership, training and developmental skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Written and oral communication
- Interpersonal and problem resolution
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in related field preferred.
- A degree in Human Resources, related field or equivalent progressive experience.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource practices with expertise in staffing, new hire orientation and on-boarding.