Our client, The World Jewish Congress North America works on behalf of the Jewish community in North America, in Israel and around the world. It is a key point of contact for Jewish organizations, community leaders and dignitaries. The Executive Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative and operational support to the Executive Director and to help manage administrative task, as well as communications, scheduling, and travel.
The position requires the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent communications and writing skills and the ability to interact with prominent individuals with a high level of professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and trustworthiness are required. The position offers a great opportunity to learn about Israel-related issues and other Jewish communal concerns.
The position entails support for the Executive Director (ED) of the American Section (AS) of (WJC North America), under the guidance of the ED, and to work with the American Section Board and other AS contacts. The EA will also work in a team environment as team player with other staff in the WJC NY office, as needed by ED. Knowledge of Judaism, Jewish issues and Israel also needed.
- Provide smooth bridge for communication between ED, staff, key contacts and constituencies
- Manage incoming/outgoing telephone calls and track messages
- Arrange ED appointments and maintain active calendar of professional engagements
- Obtain and compile information to assist ED with preparation of speeches and media interviews
- Communicate with individuals including government officials and prominent public personalities on behalf of ED
- Draft, format and send correspondence
- Type/revise dictated and written communications, transcripts and other documents
- Organize and maintain files
- Coordinate travel plans, meetings, and events
- Help coordinate arrival of visitors and packages to high security office
- Update and maintain accurate information in database; run reports and lists (excel, word)
- Executes/follows up on day-to-day priorities as assigned: maintains information files, processes paperwork, dictation
- Work with confidential information
In addition, the Executive Assistant will follow up on related duties and special initiatives as assigned by ED.
- BA degree plus minimum 2 years office experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Proficient in relevant software including MS Office Suite
- Ability to learn quickly and become proficient with customized database software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- High motivation, flexibility, discretion, ability to work in a small but dynamic environment that is mission-driven and results-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, sometimes under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members
- Background knowledge of current events in Israel and the Middle East preferred. Hebrew-language skills preferred.
- Familiarity with Jewish community organizations and priorities