Our client, Met Council is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy.
The primary role of the Director of Recruitment and Onboarding is to develop and manage a robust and efficient process for the recruitment and onboarding of all personnel for the agency. A key member of the Human Resources Department, the Director of Recruitment and Onboarding would partner with senior and supervisory staff in planning and executing the hiring of staff and establishing a uniform and seamless onboarding process including staff orientation and training regarding Met Council operations, employee benefits and Met Council employee policies and guidelines.
The Director of Recruitment and Onboarding would serve as Met Council’s spokesperson for careers and career development both internally and outside of the agency. The Director would establish connections and strategic partnerships with other non-profit agencies, social networks and other job platforms to ensure a deep understanding of the pool of available staff talent. The Director would collaborate with the Managing Director of Human Resources to monitor and improve appropriate Met Council’s employee benefits and career development polices in an effort to attract and retain the highest quality staffing for the agency.
The Director would assist the Managing Director of Human Resources in overseeing the Human Resources Department. Finally, the Director would work with all staff to maintain a deep understanding of Met Council programs and operations to support all hiring and onboarding activities. This position reports to the Managing Director, Human Resources.
The Director of Recruitment and Onboarding would be responsible for the recruitment and onboarding processes at Met Council including:
- Serve as Met Council’s public face for recruitment of staff
- Strategic planning with senior and supervisory staff on hiring needs
- Developing strategic relationships with talent sources such as schools, social networks, sister agencies and employment professional
- Establish comprehensive interview, pre-employment preparation and onboarding processes
- With the Managing Director of Human Services, monitor and advise on the improvement of employee benefits and Met Council career development activities
- Maintain a deep understanding of all Met Council programs and support operations to inform hiring and onboarding activities.
Additionally, the Director of Recruitment and Onboarding would serve as the primary managerial back-up for the Human Resources Department, helping to supervise the generalist, benefits, and payroll functions.
- Must have a passion for serving the Jewish poor consistent with the mission of Met Council.
- Must have demonstrated ability in recruitment and hiring processes.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with other individuals and organizations; operating with high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to create new programs.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with volunteer boards and committees.
- Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate job-related processes and systems.
- A high degree of organizational, program development, management, planning, human relations, and evaluation skills.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience in the area of human resources required.
- HR experience in the nonprofit sector, required
- Management of HR Staff experience, required
- 5+ years HR management experience, required
- Strong knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, such as Clear Company’s, required.
- Familiarity with payroll systems, such as PayLocity, preferred.
- Experience in group projects and decision making.
- Experience forging and building relationships with a variety of stakeholders and outside recruitment and HR professionals required.
- Must be computer-literate, including facility with all components of current Microsoft Office Suite.