Our client is a Yeshiva, grades Pre-K through 12. The Director of Operations is a new position, due to the growth of the Yeshiva. S/he will oversee all operational aspects of the school, working in partnership with the Administrative, Educational staffs and Board of Directors.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Provide leadership in the identification, assessment and management of all operational needs for the Yeshiva.
- Supervises the day-to-day management of the Yeshiva’s Operation’s including; facilities management, security, technology needs, busing, kitchen staff and custodial staff.
- Ensures the security, safety, maintenance, cleanliness, and timely repair of the properties and facilities.
- Oversees the relationships with service suppliers and contractors, including educational supplies and food vendors.
- Develops plans for emergencies and disasters, and updates as needed.
- Responsible for implementing operations strategies and policies in support of school goals
- Along with the Executive Director, participate in budget preparations and business planning
- Oversee the maintenance of an accurate, reliable and up to date master calendar of all School programs and events
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree. Finance or Accounting, a plus.
- At least 4 years’ experience in an operations related position. Experience in the Orthodox Jewish Day School environment is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to mediate differing opinions & perspectives
- Ability to work irregular hours on evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as speaking and presentation skills