Our client is The Beth Din of America (www.bethdin.org). They seek an individual with outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills to serve as its Director of Operations. She would be a key administrative staff member of the organization. This full-time position reports to the Director.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for individuals inquiring about gittin, answering questions about the get process and providing empathetic support when needed;
- Responding to queries regarding the Beth Din’s other various services, including dinei torah, halachic status determinations and the halachic prenup;
- Managing the Beth Din’s busy gittin and din torah calendar, actively coordinating scheduling among attorneys, litigants, arbitrators/dayanim, etc., and overseeing billing and receipt of payments;
- Serving as liaison to the Beth Din’s lay board, communicating with members and coordinating board and committee meetings, and implementing fundraising strategies.
- BA or BS;
- She must strongly identify with the mission of the Beth Din to create a forum for dispute resolution that is built on integrity and commitment to halacha, and that serves the community with sensitivity and respect;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively;
- Computer proficiency including Google Suite;
- Willingness to occasionally make follow up calls or send emails on weekends and evenings;
- Complete tasks and projects that require a high level of skill and attention to detail;
- Basic Hebrew language proficiency.