Our client, The Met Council, is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy.
The Director of Operations is a new position, created by the growth and demand for The Food Program https://www.metcouncil.org/kosher-food-network This person will be responsible for partnering with other Met Council departments to develop and manage internal systems for the tracking of budgets, grant deliverables, and data collection. This person will also be responsible for monitoring the department’s progress in meeting its goals and deliverables, both fiscally and programmatically, and developing materials to convey that progress to key stakeholders.
The Director of Operations, Food Programs, would be responsible for working directly with the Managing Director of Met Council’s Food Programs on:
- Strategic planning related to program expansion;
- Financial modeling and tracking of program budgets;
- Establishing and supporting internal systems that will improve the operations and efficiency of the department;
- Streamlining the purchasing process
- Grant management, including ensuring grant objectives are being met and assisting with funding applications and reporting; and communicating with Grant Funders.
- Along with the Managing Director, create a Food Program leadership team
- Must have a passion for serving the Jewish poor consistent with the mission of Met Council.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (preferably in the area of human services).
- Experience with public presentations and operating with a high level of professionalism,
- Experience forging and building relationships with community and government leaders,
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite,
- Ability to plan, monitor and manage budgets.
- Demonstrated ability in project management and tracking and advancing programmatic deliverables.
- Ability to articulate goals, objectives, progress in written form for grant applications and reporting.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement activities appropriate to the advancement of organizational goals.
- Strong oral and written communication, leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with volunteer boards and committees.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with other individuals and organizations and operate with high a degree of professionalism.
- A high degree of organizational, program development, management, planning, human relations, reporting and evaluation skills.
- Travel throughout the five boroughs using public transportation.