Chai Lifeline Canada is seeking a Director of Family Services to provide leadership and development for the organization’s Family Services Team. Powered by donors and volunteers, Chai Lifeline Canada has been able to help thousands of families over the last decade and we’re just starting!
You have a background in management as well as knowledge of best practices and research to guide your team to be effective in their roles. You have a high level of empathy, providing the support your team needs and putting systems in place to ensure your team is assisted through the difficult elements of their work. You are authentic, confident and excited at the prospect of working with a team of intelligent, passionate professionals who want to collaborate with and learn from you. You’re culturally sensitive and excellent at communicating with a range of different people.
- Oversee all functions and activities in Family Services Team including planning and implementation of all support services and programs
- Oversee our Family Services Team ensuring policies are in place to serve our client base and the community while balancing the needs of you team
- Provide continuous support, development and guidance to members of your team debriefing regularly with them
- Ensure case files are completed accurately by all members of the team.
- Continuously audit processes to identify and evaluate areas of improvement.
- Oversee performance management of teams
- Manage activities and performance of remote teams
- Meet with Executive Director on a regular basis to share information regarding the status of your teams
- Maintain resource materials, community contacts, and agency relationships that are current and relevant to the needs of our clients
- Develop and participate in community educational seminars and programs appropriate for our client base as well as the greater community
- Consult with other industry professionals as appropriate to augment or develop individual plans of service or to improve on-going delivery of services
- Liaise between Marketing, Development and Operations Departments in the office as well as, hospitals in the Greater Toronto Area and offices
- Oversee daily operations of department
- High level of emotional intelligence, integrity and empathy
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience working in a clinical setting or a related children’s services field
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Demonstrated expertise in child/family assessment, family, group and individual therapy interventions, case management and working with inter-disciplinary teams
- Solid understanding of evidence based practice, intensive milieu treatment programs and experience working with complex children/families
- Experience serving diverse communities is an important asset
- Travel is required mostly in the GTA
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Candidates Bilingual in English and Hebrew and/or Russian is an asset
- Masters of Social Work (MSW) Degree is preferred but not required