Our client is The Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty, www.metcouncil.org
The Director, Holocaust Survivor Program will effectively manage Met Council’s Holocaust Survivor department, which includes directly supervising a team of Social Workers and Case Workers, ensuring deliverables are met and clients are being appropriately served. The Director, Holocaust Survivor Program should have experience in program development, managing program budgets, supervision and the geriatric community. This position reports to the Managing Director, Social Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically focusing on the Holocaust Survivor population:
- Manage Holocaust Survivor department including Emergency Food Program, PCTI Supportive Services Program and HS ECAP Program.
- Provide direct clinical staff supervision for staff members.
- Manage client caseload of complex cases.
- Organize and manage socialization events for clients throughout the year.
- Ensure all program deliverables are met and statistics are accurate.
- Responsible for Holocaust Program reports to funders and stakeholders.
- Work with fiscal department to effectively manage program budgets.
- Utilize AWARDS computer database for program statistics and client information.
- Create relationships and work effectively with partner agencies including JCC’s and other social service organizations.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
Skill and Education:
- LCSW—SIFI eligible.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience and works effectively in managing staff.
- Experience with geriatric social work (preferred).
- Preference for bi-lingual Russian.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word and other software programs.