Our client is The Beit Ruth Educational & Therapeutic Village in Israel, www.beitruth.com.
Beit Ruth seeks a bright, passionate, and ideas-driven Development & Communications Coordinator (hereinafter “Coordinator”) for its Manhattan office. This full-time position allows for international non-profit experience with a growing and leading organization for girls at-risk, advocacy, and gender empowerment.
Reporting to the Executive Director in NY and working closely with the ED, Grants Manager and leadership in Israel, the Coordinator is responsible for a breadth of cross-functional activities. The Coordinator will help support Beit Ruth in fulfilling its short-term development and communications goals and achieving its long-term vision. Specifically, the Coordinator will help to ensure that Beit Ruth’s fiscal, development, fundraising, communications, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the organization.
Communications & Outreach
Manage aspects of communications to grow brand, drive visibility, and reach, and to engage and activate donors and prospects. Work with staff in Israel (in English) and create and execute different communication materials using a variety of channels:
- Write, prepare, and create engaging quarterly newsletter (via Constant Contact).
- Write and create engaging and compelling Appeal Campaigns.
- Draft correspondence for donors, visitors, and volunteers, and in response to general inquiries.
- Develop and manage communications calendar.
- Create, edit, and publish consistent and engaging content on social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and develop a social media strategy to align with organizational goals.
- Update organization’s website (Squarespace), regularly adding new and relevant content.
- Provide coordination and support for fundraising, cultivation events, and other special events.
- Assist with New York Gala.
Development & Fundraising Support
- Plan, create, and coordinate fundraising efforts in collaboration with the ED, including creating fundraising appeals and campaigns (mail and online); donor relations and management; special events; speaking engagements; and stakeholder engagement.
- Cultivate and steward Village visitors and volunteers, and other external partners and alliances to create a strong coalition of supporters, donors, and friends.
- Work collaboratively with the ED and the Village Managing Director to help cultivate a strong working relationship with the Board, lay leaders, and major donors.
- Work closely with the Grants & Communications Manager to help support the grant process, including to ensure timely submission of letters of intent, grants, and reports, and to help maintain the grants calendar to track grant renewals, report deadlines, and related deliverables.
- Help to manage partner and donor relationships.
- Help to identify and execute opportunities for funding and partnering with existing and new individuals, foundations, and organizations to achieve funding successes.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ prior experience in nonprofit
- Basic understanding of Donor Perfect, i.e., data entry; donor acknowledgment processes; and running reports, for example, to assess donor revenue against goals, a plus.
- Fundraising/Development, and Communications, including Social Media and/or special event planning.
- Excellent computer skills –MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e-mail programs, social media applications (Facebook, Instagram), website
- Competent in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, i.e., Photoshop and Illustrator and other creative tools, including Constant Contact and Squarespace.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, initiative, an excitement for creative development work, and enthusiasm for being a positive and contributing member of a growing organization.
- Energized, creative, and resourceful.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Analytical and thoughtful, considering the mission, objectives, work plans, and goals of Beit Ruth’s work.
- Familiarity with Israel and the Jewish philanthropic community.