Our client, The Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation Committee, (www.preserveauschwitz.org) seeks a part time (approximately 25 hours per week, Monday through Thursday) Development Assistant to provide general support for both the Executive Director and the Director of Leadership Engagement, as well as the implementation and management of their newly acquired donor database. This position will be based in their New York City office. She/He will use her/his finely tuned radar for planning and execution to catch all the little details that others might miss. His/Her keen attention to every detail is the most important trait they seek.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and the Director of Leadership Engagement, she/he will provide administrative support to both, in addition to:
Donor Database Management
- Oversee the daily operation of the database (Neon), which tracks gift/financial and biographical information on donors.
- Work to keep data clean, functional and secure.
- Create Reports as directed
- Process Campaign pledges and payments accurately and in a timely manner
- Process Gift Acknowledgments and Thank You notes in a timely manner
- Assist with the planning and implementation of multiple direct mail appeals annually
General Office Support
- Process requests for information
- Manage expenses, billing, reimbursements and process check requests
- Supply management and reordering needs
- Coordinate, book and reimburse travel
- Assist with scheduling meetings and calls, when needed
- Assist with coordination of fundraising events
- Assist with communication to Volunteers (lay leaders, donors)
- Manage calendar: schedule, confirm and coordinate calls, meetings and appointments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An entrepreneurial, hard-charging, can-do nature
- A positive attitude and the ability to work independently, yet follow direction and complete requests
- Experience with event planning and Development operations, in the Jewish community.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, adhere to deadlines, deliver high-quality results and manage multiple priorities
- Maintain absolute confidentiality as this position includes responsibilities with exposure to confidential information requiring discretion and good judgement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other standard computer programs is essential
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Be able to prioritize tasks working both collaboratively and independently
- Superior customer service and telephone etiquette