Our client is AJC www.ajc.org
AJC’s Office of the Chief Executive Officer (OCEO) seeks a highly capable Deputy Chief of Staff who will provide programmatic, operational, and administrative support for the department.
This individual will be an integral member of the core team that supports the CEO in his capacity as Chief Executive Officer of a global, non-governmental agency with more than 250 employees on four continents, relations with government officials at the highest levels around the world, and an annual budget of more than $50 million.
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit keen attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and complete varied tasks in a skillful and timely fashion, and a deep commitment to AJC’s global mission. The individual must also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and is expected to maintain the highest levels of discretion and professionalism in all activities. He or she must also be comfortable working late hours, traveling internationally for several weeks at a time, and being available, if needed, seven days a week (often at short notice).
The Deputy Chief of Staff does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Work with the Chief of Staff to:
- Draft and edit meeting requests, press releases, policy memos, briefing materials, AJC content, talking points, itineraries, and internal memos, and conduct research on foreign policy and Jewish issues;
- Liaise with AJC staff and content experts to manage flow of pertinent information to CEO in advance of relevant meetings or events;
- Co-manage the CEO’s communications and schedule with the Chief of Staff and Executive Assistant;
- Coordinate with Jewish community leaders, government officials, think tanks, and AJC offices abroad to build itineraries for high-level diplomatic missions across the globe; and travel with the CEO on numerous trips throughout the year
- During, and in advance of, international travels, work with colleagues overseas and the Executive Assistant to coordinate all on-the-ground logistical details for meetings, transportation, and lodging, and attend and take substantive notes at all meetings;
- Liaise with the Department of Resource Development on the CEO’s interactions with donors on a day-to-day basis and to include major donors in high-level political and diplomatic activities involving the CEO, including overseas missions, National Leadership Council programming, and the AJC Global Forum (AJC’s annual conference in Washington, D.C.);
- Interface with AJC staff around the world and across the country to keep up-to-date on key agency activities and to help facilitate agency alignment and productivity
- Advise the CEO on a variety of day-to-day action items and policy decisions
- Manage special projects and tasks as assigned by the CEO or Chief of Staff. Examples include: facilitation of the CEO’s participation in steering the program and marketing of the AJC Global Forum, as well as meetings during the UN General Assembly.
- Work with Executive Assistant to record appropriate CEO actions and notes in Raiser’s Edge, AJC’s customer relations management system.
- Demonstrated maturity, situational awareness, and outstanding interpersonal skills;
- High level of professionalism and discretion, ability to withhold and protect confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to travel internationally frequently and work late hours and on weekends (often on short notice);
- Excellent communication skills required, including: writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar;
- Top-notch organizational and logistical skills with an ability to execute time-sensitive tasks efficiently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications;
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community and global Jewish issues;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Foreign language ability and cross-cultural sensitivity strongly preferred.