Our client is a fast paced Brooklyn Jewish nonprofit social services agency.
To spearhead and monitor a new initiative to consolidate the capturing of data in one common system. To implement database tracking client demographic and service information across all agency divisions. To support users during and after implementation. To extract and analyze data from databases in support of strategic planning efforts. To support the development of the agency’s data and technology infrastructure in general.
Act as an on-site liaison to our IT firm in assisting with general IT maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Devise a big-picture strategy for taking the agency from its data wishlist to full accomplishment of its goals.
- Assess the data needs and current data structures of each division through collaboration with division heads.
- Design and institute data-capture methods that solve the data challenges and optimize the experience for agency divisions
- Provide training to users new and old in a manner that empowers even the less tech savvy to track data with ease.
- Provide technical assistance to users.
- Extract and analyze data on clients, programs, and services for billing reconciliation/optimization, reporting, improved system usage, and strategic planning purposes.
- Empower program directors and staff to run their own useful reports, building a sense of ownership and buy-in.
- Vet, hire, and supervise new staff as the department grows.
- Respond promptly to questions from users, and aid them in finding solutions to their problems in a timely fashion.
- Perform monthly check-ins with program directors to ensure they have the tools they need to use data to its fullest capacity for managing their programs.
- Expert in Excel, Access, and Database Systems
- Excellent Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Creative Problem Solving
- An Ability to Handle Sensitive Information Ethically and with Integrity
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree Required