We are conducting a search on behalf of a large New York City social service agency.
The Assistant Vice President, Social Services will lead and manage our client’s New Jersey Programs (Middlesex, Union, Hudson, Passaic and Bergen County). Programs provide direct community-based behavioral health and support services to adults living with mental illness (adult behavioral health) and youth with behavioral and emotional challenges (youth residential). The Assistant Vice President, Social Services is an essential member of the Senior Management team. S/he will insure that quality services are in accordance with City, State, local regulatory entities and agency standards. S/he will oversee the administrative departments, which include Human Resources, Facilities, Quality Assurance, Business Office and the Program Directors. S/he will develop, implement, monitor and assess the programs on an ongoing basis. S/he will develop and maintain professional relationships with government agencies and other service provider and represent the agency in professional meetings, speaking engagements and other community events. Position reports to the Vice President of Business Development and Program Services.
- Develop and market program services. Responding to grant proposals.
- Manage program services for quality and consistency.
- Ensure accreditation standards (COA and CARF) are met
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Manage program personnel. Supervision, Training, Development and Evaluation.
- Manage fiscal operations. Monitor program spending. Ensures fiscal viability.
- Identifying strategies to generate and maximize revenue.
- Build and maintain strong networking relationships with the funding sources and communities that we provide services.
- Responsible for data collection, analyzing, documenting and reporting on program outputs, outcomes and quality indicators.
- Manage program facilities and grounds. Ensure supplies are in place to support the overall needs of the programs.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
- New programs are developed in areas consistent with the organization’s goals, objectives and development capabilities.
- Program clients are provided with high quality, cost-effective services.
- Program facilities are maintained at the highest standards.
- Qualified personnel are recruited, trained and retained.
- Programs operate within approved budgets.
- Positive relations are maintained with communities where programs are located, with local governments and with funding and licensing agencies.
- To maintain a positive public image and good relationships.
- To ensure accurate record keeping of the program.
- Facilities and grounds are maintained. Safety hazards and emergency situations are handled, safely, promptly and professionally.
- All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
- LCSW, licensed in New Jersey or LPC licensed in New Jersey
- Experience with New Jersey funders.
- Experience in administration, supervision and programs that provide direct community-based behavioral health and support services to adults living with mental illness (adult behavioral health) and youth with behavioral and emotional challenges (youth residential).
- Master’s degree, preferably in a behavioral health discipline.
- 5+ years of administrative experience and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs serving special needs client populations
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.
In addition, the position requires a reasonable combination of skills in the following areas: the design, operational oversight and evaluation of program services, personnel management, budget development and control, property management, public relations and governmental relations.