Our client is The Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty, www.metcouncil.org
The Assistant Director of Technology is responsible for the installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of Met Council server hardware, software and related infrastructure. Manage technology help desk tickets and ensure high level of customer service ensuring tickets are prioritized etc.
Duties include daily health monitoring, securing, diagnosing of technical issues, research and upgrades. This individual ensures that all Met Council server hardware, operating systems, software and related procedures adhere to organizational standards, values and strategic plan.
This individual will work with team members, project teams and other departments in expanding or implementing new systems that meet organizational needs. Collaborate with team members on other projects and in the development of procedures and the transfer of knowledge regarding Met Council IT systems.
The Assistant Director role is accountable for the following:
- Manage technology help desk and ensure high level of customer service ensuring tickets are prioritized, and completed in a timely manner.
- Engineering of server solutions meeting Met Council organizational needs and strategic plan.
- Deploy, configure, maintain and administer new and existing servers, databases, storage and backups.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, server integrity checks, review system and application logs, and verify scheduled job completion (backups, etc.)
- Test and apply OS, security patches and system upgrades as needed.
- Create, change and remove AD users, mailboxes and other resources as requested.
- Perform regular backup operations and testing.
- Provide support per request from various constituencies including after-hours support.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Report and communicate with stakeholders and management.
- Perform periodic performance and capacity tests and submit results to management.
- Maintain server and application inventory and manage corresponding licenses.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum Experience: Must have 3 – 5 years experience with Windows System Administration, Office 365 and Active Directory Administration.
- Knowledge of Windows command line tools: Power Shell, Scripting, Task Automation.
- Knowledge of database management including: SQL Server.
- Ability to administer and deploy new systems as organizational needs require.
- Experience in troubleshooting and analyzing of IT related problems.
- Experience with the implementation of information technology integrations in a large organization with multiple sites.
- Ability to initiate, prioritize and complete tasks in a high pressure environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrate organizational and project management skills.
Occasional travel to a remote Met Council sites within the 5 Boroughs.