Our client is the Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) www.fidf.org.
FIDF is headquartered in New York City and has over 20 regional offices across the US and Panama. The FIDF hosts many events every year including 20+ annual galas.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Senior Marketing Events Manager will lead event marketing experience for FIDF’s annual galas and events. This is a critical role to the success of the fund-raising efforts of the organization with high visibility to FIDF management, board and donors. This is a key member of the marketing team who will provide all vision and strategy for all events, as well as oversee execution.
Essential Job Duties:
- Define, develop and execute the vision and strategy for all FIDF events, while maintaining brand consistency
- Identify emerging trends, opportunities and challenges in the events industry and thenon-profit market
- Implement best practices and introduce new innovative elements to continuallyimprove and engage donors
- Oversee all content presented at events including speakers selection, script writing, videos, entertainment etc.
- Develop and manage related budgets for all events
- Recommend and execute KPIs for events, to continuedly measure and improve results
- Work with regional chapters to ensure that event content and experience meets their local needs
- Collaborate with the FIDF office in Israel to identify the optimal content for events
- Manage vendor relationships including production companies
- Supervise the production of all videos
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the team, including staff development
- Creative, passionate individual with superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency in Hebrew, a plus
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in event management
- A creative visionary with a proven track record in event management; ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Must have experience managing teams and vendors
- A collaborative individual who brings together colleagues and staff to create and reinforce a results-driven, team-orientated culture
- Candidate must have a strong affinity to Israel, and the Jewish community
- Work experience in the non-profit sector, a plus
- Ability to travel extensively within the US during gala season