Our client, The Met Council is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy.
This is a key community engagement position. The 171 Lexington Program Manager is responsible for creating a hub of volunteer activity in service of supporting ongoing emergency food delivery throughout the community.
- Identify and nurture partnerships with volunteers, donors and community groups to support volunteer activities out of 171 Lexington;
- Identify and engage with non-profit partners and communal institutions to identify individuals and families who could use emergency food packages;
- Support ordering and packing of client’s emergency food packages;
- Implement and maintain inventory control;
- Ensure the space remains a welcoming, exciting, and functional place that supports our program goals and activities.
- Superior customer service skills
- Significant experience with donors and community stakeholders
- Must be closely familiar with local community groups
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills—both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and all Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Significant organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
Skills and Education:
- Associates degree (required); Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Fluent in English (required); additional languages helpful
- Knowledge of Kashrut laws (preferred)
- Required Frequently: Standing and climbing stairs; carrying laptop & computers (approx. 10-25 lbs)
- Required Occasionally: Reaching above the shoulder, and lifting, pushing and pulling 5-25 lbs