Our client, Met Council www.metcouncil.org is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy.
The Suburban Director, Volunteer Services & Donor Relations will manage Met Council’s volunteer related programming, supervise departmental staff, oversee departmental budget, manage resources, and donor relations and fundraise in the Tri-State Region outside of New York City’s various suburban communities in the region including but not limited to Westchester, Nassau, Bergen and Essex counties. The Suburban Director, Volunteer Services & Donor Relations serves as the main liaison to volunteers, funders, and community partners in respective communities. The Suburban Director, Volunteer Services & Donor Relations will work both internally and externally to enhance program design and create service-based projects to expand Met Council’s mission. The Director is responsible for creating engagement projects that support all the social services departments while also creating an avenue for new individual donors and community partnerships.
Please note: This is currently a hybrid position.
Build capacity of Met Council through volunteerism, internships and donor engagement by:
- Representing Met Council at a variety of dynamic community outreach events and numerous speaking engagements
- Cultivate prospective individual and organizational donors related to the communities being serviced.
- Nurturing new and existing relationships with outside stakeholders
- Regularly assessing agency needs, working closely with department directors to create ways volunteers and donors can engage in and support Met Council’s program
- Implementing staff and community partner training for best practices in volunteer management, including the development of materials to facilitate on-boarding, management, reporting and retention.
- Creating and implementing volunteer solicitation strategy, including communications and outreach plan
- Developing processes for the accurate collection, maintenance and use of data related to volunteers and their impact on the agency
- Being responsible for applying and participating in all service year programs that provide volunteers throughout the organization
- Collaborate with the Development Department to foster donor engagement initiatives, strategies, events and opportunities by:
- Conducting personal visits and phone calls with donor referrals to encourage and solicit gifts in support of the agency’s mission
- Implementing year-round volunteer outreach, stewardship and cultivation efforts and events including partnerships with corporations, Synagogues, schools and other community groups
- Raising minimum 50% budget for the Volunteer Department
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Reliable, flexible and organized with a strong attention to detail
- Understanding of various suburban communities in the region including but not limited to Westchester, Nassau, Bergen and Essex counties.
- Strong experience with informal education and public speaking
- Experience and proficiency in Social Media
- Experience in Event Management
- Ability to be extremely self-directed and project outcome focused
- Experience in Communications, Donor Engagement and Fundraising
- Cultural competency and understanding
- Charismatic and engaging to communities across New York City including individuals of all ages and backgrounds
Skill and Education:
- Bachelors degree (required)
- 4-5 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in volunteer management and/or community outreach
- Experience in donor engagement, direct solicitation and event planning
- Familiarity with project development, organizational systems, and data management
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, social media and communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce (preferred)
- Willingness to travel in the region
- Passionate positive people person
- Consistent evening and Sunday work (required)
- Increased involvement based on seasonal agency needs (example: food distributions and increased programming in advance of significant holidays)