Our client, Met Council www.metcouncil.org is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy.
The Salesforce Database Administrator works closely with the Director of Development to implement Met Council’s fundraising strategies. In conjunction with marketing efforts, the specific tasks for this role are geared toward managing donor relations and direct mail fundraising for the organization. You will oversee and maintain the ongoing use of the organization’s Salesforce database, in addition to working collaboratively with the Fiscal Department for development reports and reconciliation of donor and fiscal data.
This is currently a hybrid position (partially remote).
- Maintain primary oversight of Salesforce database for fundraising
- Perform scheduled clean-up and maintenance of the database as a regular feature of work
- Assist in the generation of mailing lists for direct mail appeals and campaigns; collaborate with the Direct Mail vendors as needed
- Provide database administration support; create account logins, data import and data design
- Trouble-shoot issues with database vendor and consultants, as needed
- Design and produce donor reports and exports as needed
- Maintain quality control over all Salesforce contacts, accounts, and opportunities including duplicate entries, typos, etc.
- Lead the financial reconciliation process between Fiscal and Development departments, and prepare necessary reports for Fiscal Department tracking
- Provide regular reports to the Fiscal Department of donations and all back-up information to support where and how these donations should be used
- Import volunteer and donor information
- Assist with departmental data presentations and analyses
- Work with grants team to ensure all grants data, including opportunities, payments, and deliverables are properly entered and maintained
- Stay abreast of best practices and strategies
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient with Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook Calendar)
- 2-3 years related nonprofit work experience
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations and how nonprofits fundraise
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to follow-through on tasks
- Ability to multi-task between routine operations
- Experience with long-term database improvement projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required