Our client, is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening relations between Europe and Israel based on shared democratic values and strategic interests.
- Data management [financial & contacts] – entries, research, reporting, maintenance of donor database.
- Assist in maintenance of existing donor relations; help develop and implement clear plans for individual donors that are both realistic and challenging in the European Jewish and general communities within the U.S.
- Provide research on prospective donors, foundations, and philanthropic advisors.
- Preparing materials for foundations – proposals, reports, etc.; this will also include editing documents/proposals/reports we receive from our affiliates overseas.
- Update Newsletter – gathering the updates from each affiliate office in a timely manner and editing each update in preparation for print.
- Marketing / communication- Preparing and/or editing e-communications – including updates and invitations, as well as general messaging; advertising event through social media channels, such as Facebook, Linkedin, etc.
- Handling event-related matters- such as venues, vendors, etc.
- All office related duties- maintaining supplies, submitting expenses and receipts to accountant, mailings (sending thank you letters for donations, sending invoices for commitments, etc.)
- Act as focal point for all organization staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA. or B.S.
- 5+ years experience* in the Jewish non-profit
- Editing, Events, and Marketing experience preferred.
- Prior experience in handling of one or more of the listed job requirements.
- Proactive work ethic – being able to anticipate what needs to get done and working to get it done without having to be asked.
- The most important qualities in a candidate are willingness to learn and a positive attitude; when confronted with a potential problem, candidate should be eager to help find a solution both independently as well as collectively.
*Skill-set is second to a positive can-do attitude, and ability to work as a team player among the Organization-affiliate offices overseas and offices in the U.S.