Our client, Brothers for Life (BFL) www.brothersforlife.com is a unique and expanding non-profit, created and run by injured Israeli combat soldiers, whose mission is to empower recently injured soldiers to reclaim their lives, fulfill their dreams, and continue to serve and inspire the Jewish People.
BFL has an incredible culture and mission. They are the only organization in Israel or elsewhere that is completely run by the injured soldiers themselves. Starting at the hospital bed, we help injured soldiers through every stage of their return to life. They also inspire Jewish People around the world to be more connected to Israel and the Jewish People. We are currently helping over 1,100 injured soldiers in Israel and have BFL communities in the US, Canada, the UK, South Africa, Mexico, and Hong Kong.
Brothers for Life is looking for a Regional Director of Development to help develop and implement our outreach plan for New York and Miami. The position is preferably based in New York, or South Florida. This includes our annual campaign as well as limited fundraising event planning and execution. In this role, you will identify potential donors, primarily through networking and will cultivate relationships both individually and through connecting these potential partners and donors with our team and soldiers.
Candidates must be dedicated to the Brothers for Life mission and love Israel, the Jewish People, and development. She or he must be able to motivate and support development team members, staff, and donors to reach targeted annual fundraising goals. The ability to identify and cultivate key relationships, be held accountable to productivity goals, and solicit significant gifts is essential.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director to create a fund development plan for the region that increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
• Identify, source, and develop corporate, community, and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities.
• Responsible for the stewardship of existing donors and strengthening their connection with the organization and soldiers in Israel.
• Develop and manage various fundraising campaigns and activities to ensure strategic plans are met on time.
• Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 5+ years of professional fundraising experience.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively.
• Flexibility in schedule.
• A strong commitment to BFL’s mission.