Our client is Jerusalem U www.jerusalemu.org a non-profit organization founded in 2007 to strengthen the connection of young Jews to Israel and the Jewish people, to prepare them for life as a Jew on college campus and beyond. Their vision is to impact hundreds of thousands of young Jews reaching them frequently with meaningful Jewish and Israel video content. They are not simply filmmakers. They are change-makers.
Their strategy is to create transformational education — one film at a time. Their feature films and short films have engaged millions of viewers across the globe, distributed on digital platforms such as Netflix and YouTube, as well as through screenings in film festivals, communities and college campuses across North America.
The Regional Director, New York will be based in the New York area, working remotely, in collaboration with and supported by a team based in both Jerusalem and the US. This senior position works closely with the CEO and President, and reports to the President.
- Build and manage a portfolio of prospective donors
- Conduct face-to-face fundraising meetings
- Arrange and participate in meetings with new high-wealth potential philanthropist with Jerusalem U’s CEO and/or President
- Think strategically about unique cultivation events for prospects/donors
If you are:
- A Self-motivator – Excited to build a portfolio of donors and then develop and bring plans for each donor to fruition
- A Relationship-Builder – Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a diverse array of people
- A Communicator – Ability to communicate verbally and in writing our compelling and inspired vision of core purpose
- A Closer – Ability to close large gifts
- A Strategist – Ability to think strategically and creatively
- A Doer – Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at one time
- A Team-Player – Ability to work closely with others in a way that mutually supports one another and builds something that is greater than the sum of its parts
- An Embracer of Technology – Ability to comfortably use technology
We want to hear from you.
Are you passionate about Israel and the Jewish people? Do you want to help create a generation of inspired and educated young Jews who are connected to Israel, the Jewish people and their Jewish heritage? Do you want to have an impact and help ensure Jewish continuity?
We’re on the lookout for a talented, top-notch relationship-builder to help us raise the funds needed to expand our organization and scale our reach. Our top candidate is a driven, ambitious professional who can capture the hearts and minds of philanthropists in the tri-state area.
- Applicants need to have fundraising experience and donor relationships in the NY/NJ area.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups, while demonstrating warmth, integrity and professionalism
- Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible Development experience
- Proven track record in major gifts and foundation fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to develop, foster, and sustain relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with donor databases; familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with the American Jewish communal landscape