Our client enhances the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, they are the leader in the global arena.
To identify, collect, organize, manage, and analyze information on donors and potential donors of strategic importance to AJC in order to enhance the ability of lay leaders, AJC’s CEO, Development staff, and other solicitors to successfully acquire support for activities and programs and determine prospects’ relationship to AJC. The individual does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Conduct proactive research focused on lead generation in order to enhance the pool of prospective donors and further the fundraising priorities and goals of AJC.
- Identify, investigate, analyze, organize and evaluate information from a variety of sources (electronic and print) to determine the financial capacity, philanthropic interests, and relationship to AJC of the highest-level donors and prospects.
- Work with Development colleagues to develop and implement moves management policies and procedures to keep all active portfolios up to date and prioritized. Use Raiser’s Edge to support prospect moves management and assure that a dynamic prospect pipeline moves forward.
- Devise strategies for obtaining new prospects in order to ensure the ongoing development, expansion, and renewal of the prospect data base and pipeline. Identify, organize, and maintain prospect information files, both electronic and paper.
- Establish and organize regular prospect review meetings for staff and lay leaders in order to manage AJC’s prospect pipeline and organize solicitations.
- Oversee wealth screening activities of major prospects and maintain guidelines for best practices for wealth management.
- Conduct background checks as part of AJC’s due diligence to screen potential event honorees for award consideration to assure AJC’s reputation and integrity.
Personal Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in building, managing or conducting prospect research. Proven understanding of how a prospect management program is integrated into the Development function.
- Demonstrate competence in a variety of computer applications, including database, spreadsheet and word processing programs. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or similar system) required, especially use of a prospect management function. Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs, a plus.
- Familiarity with standard prospect research tools such as business directories and internet resources. Experience with Lexis-Nexis, Wealth Engine, Relsci, Hoovers, GuideStar, FC Search and other on-line databases.
- Familiarity with financial terms, concepts, and markets, preferred.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills, attention to detail and the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow through.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Resourceful and independent, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated Development program and team-oriented environment. Ability to work with and support fund raising staff to identify and respond to prospect information needs.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity and appreciation of AJC’s mission and goals.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
- Proactive in anticipating and seeking out information related to the immediate priorities of the Development office.
- Must have a sense of initiative and inquisitiveness.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer