Our client is a national Israel-based organization that enables Israel’s youth to realize their potential, and strengthens society by educating and nurturing children from diverse backgrounds within a framework of academic excellence, Jewish values and Zionist ideals.
Our client seeks an exceptional, results oriented development professional to be its National Director of Major Gifts. This position can be based in their NYC, Los Angeles, or a city where they have regional offices.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the National Director of Major Gifts will raise funds from an established group of supporters, as well as expand the donor base, nationally. The National Director of Major Gifts will focus on major gifts by identifying, managing and implementing solicitation plans for a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals.
The successful candidate is a dynamic and accomplished fundraising professional with over seven years of experience in major gift fundraising or similar roles and is someone who can work effectively and collaboratively with team members across the US
This position focuses on identifying new prospects, cultivating existing meaningful relationships, and securing capacity gifts from donors capable of making a minimum commitment of $50,000.
The Director will be expected to develop a Major Gifts campaign plan with moves management strategy and addresses: events, assignments, lay solicitor oversight, step up strategies, and tracking to create an increased Major Gifts annual campaign as well as supplemental giving opportunities for Major Donors.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
- Develop a strategy and plan for building prospect research, corporate sponsorships, and major gift solicitations.
- Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective
- Conduct events (parlor meetings, lunches, dinners etc.) that generate revenue from current donors or prospects
- Developing and identifying major gift prospects
- Emphasis on closing gifts of $50,000 and higher
- Participate in all National Major Gift activities and conference calls
- Staff missions to Israel for high net worth prospects and donors
- A passion for Israel.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Major Gift fundraising
- Proven success in asking for and closing gifts and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors.
- Successful track record with personal solicitation in the $10K – $100K range.
- Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship
- Significant fundraising experience within the Jewish communal field
- Proven track record in Major Gifts and Special Events.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships in an effective and professional manner.
- Previous experience with fundraising databases and the ability to utilize data strategically.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to travel, including internationally, when needed.
- Are passionate about our work.
- You understand the importance of Israel and want to help us continue to build and support the land and its people.
- Dream big.
- You aren’t afraid to think outside the box. You are always bringing new ideas to the table and are able to strategize a plan of how to make them reality.
- Are a flexible and creative thinker able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
- You are a dependable and self-disciplined individual who is capable of minimal on-site supervision.