The Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in the Northern New Jersey area, in Israel and around the world. Its primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Manager of the Professionals Division is the key link to those who support Federation in the Commerce & Professionals and Physicians & Dentists groups. Working with the Chief Development Officer and Senior Director of Development, the Manager of the Professionals Division will develop and implement a strategy to engage members of this cohort who currently give between $1,000 and $9,999 annually; to steward their giving; and to develop relationships with donors who could give at this level. The Manager of Professionals Division is responsible for Physicians & Dentists events and Commerce & Professionals Networking functions. The Manager of the Professionals Division is a member of the development team and is expected to contribute to the overall success of Federation’s financial resource development strategy.
- Plans, implements and manages Federation’s mid-level campaign for current and prospective donors with giving of $1,000 – $9,999 annually.
- In consultation with the Senior Director of Development, sets annual campaign goals, including timely and accurate reporting of campaign progress, donor engagement, etc.
- Cultivates one-to-one relationships with donors.
- Identifies prospective donors through analysis, networking, outreach and engagement strategies.
- Is principally responsible for design, development and implementation of events to attract, retain and enhance the giving of current and prospective donors at this level of the annual campaign.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team, sense of humor;
- Ability to work with all types of people and be able to visualize an event not only from start to finish, but also the steps he will take to accomplish it.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database and Internet.
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong personal commitment to the JFNNJ mission.
- Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.