Our client, Met Council www.metcouncil.org is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy.
The Grants Associate works closely with the Grant Development Team to maintain, diversify, and pursue funding resources, including foundation and government grants. Specific tasks include supporting the Directors of Grant Development with the production and tracking of letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and grant reports, as well as research on potential funding opportunities. The Grants Associate will also work collaboratively to maintain accurate and up-to-date grants information in our database.
This is currently a hybrid position.
- Assist with drafting and proofing of well-written letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and grant reports in conjunction with the Grants Management Team.
- Develop and update boilerplate overviews of Met Council’s diverse program areas.
- Work with departmental directors, data analytics staff, and the Fiscal Department to obtain financial and other ancillary materials for grant proposals.
- Create tables, charts, and other visuals to enhance written proposals and reports.
- Create and maintain a calendar of proposals and reports to help ensure production timelines are met.
- Conduct research to identify new grant and foundation prospects and funding opportunities; maintain an ongoing list of prospect research.
- Outreach directly to foundation professionals and trustees as appropriate.
- In conjunction with database administrator, oversee data entry and management of grants, foundations, and prospect information in Salesforce.
- Liaise with Fiscal Department and Database Administrator on coding grant payments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a passion for serving the needy consistent with the mission of Met Council.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate goals, objectives, and progress in written form for grant applications and reporting.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with other individuals and operate with high a degree of professionalism.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with ability to manage, prioritize and follow-through on multiple tasks.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and data visualization and analytical tools.
- 2-3 years related work experience.