Our client is a national Israel-based organization that enables Israel’s youth to realize their potential, and strengthens society by educating and nurturing children from diverse backgrounds within a framework of academic excellence, Jewish values and Zionist ideals.
Our client seeks a Donor Research Associate, who will work with the Executive Vice President and the Fundraising staff to research, prepare, and provide profiles and reports, both in-depth and otherwise, on potential and identified annual and campaign major gift prospects including individuals, Foundations and businesses.
- Proactively identifies new and high-level annual and campaign major gift leads and prospects through electronic alerts, analysis, screening information, data mining techniques, push technology, demographic searches, etc.
- Prepares prospect reports for use by team members and serves as prospect tracking and record keeping processes lead.
- Maintains and analyzes prospective and upgraded donor data and develops current and prospective donor lists and data. Produces current and prospective donor profiles and helps determine appropriate solicitation ranges.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and research skills. Advanced proficiency in conducting donor research, with experience in recognizing and assessing wealth indicators and giving capacity as well as identifying prospects.
- Intermediate proficiency in locating relevant information in a variety of formats: including electronic, hard copy, telephone calls, conversations with staff and volunteers, then consolidating it in a well-organized report format.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with high-level volunteers and to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated adaptability and excellent planning and organizing skills that demonstrate the ability to manage multiple simultaneous requests for information and prioritize those requests to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) that include sensitivity to donor information
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to quickly and concisely synthesize large amounts of information.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years’ experience in prospect research
- Fundraising department experience
- Knowledge of donor types and understanding of fundraising processes and donor cycles.
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with relational database such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, a plus.
- Knowledge of information systems including a variety of software, internet, and various databases, and knowledge of prospect research