Our client is a leading worldwide Jewish health support organization providing programs that address the emotional, social, and financial needs of seriously ill children, their families, and communities.
They seek a Director of Leadership Development. As a core member of the development team, this position reports to the CEO.
This position is responsible for the Young Builders Society, a new initiative inaugurated in March 2019, where young givers attend exclusive events, receives specially prepared updates, invited to annual dinner, commit to $1,800 annually. Since its launch in March, Young Builders Society has attracted over 100 members in NY/NJ.
- Identify and cultivate new donors and new communities primarily age 40 and below.
- Expand present builders with goal of 3 members per week.
- Identify ambassadors in various communities that will host events. Should be one event per month
- Utilize alumni relations to expand the alumni personal circle of friends, shul and community
- Supervise alumni events, streamlining the data, and monthly communication
- Work on national dinner as part of larger development team
Long Term Goals
- Young givers become senior givers which will translate into major gifts. The director will grow with this division both on local and national level.
- Hire and oversee alumni director
- Bring some young leaders onto national Board of Directors of Chai Lifeline
- Minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience
- Proven track record in Major Gifts, Special Events, and Volunteer Management.