Our client is the Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty, America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy.
The Director of Development is responsible for the growth of a diversified development program, including the cultivation of major donors, and raising awareness of Met Council with the general public, corporations and foundations.
- Plan, develop and implement an aggressive, creative fundraising program to solicit and acquire funds for the agency including annual, planned, and major gift programs and specialized promotional or capital campaigns.
- Identify, cultivate, build and solidify relationships with new and established contributors.
- Analyze historic patterns of giving and develop strategies to encourage new gifts and identify new sources of revenue, as well as increase current contributions.
- Directly solicit and close gifts from major prospects.
- Oversee direct mail campaigns.
- Solicit grants as appropriate.
- Facilitate efforts to increase funding and all other forms of institutional support from corporations, public and private foundations.
- Collect and report outcome metrics for the Chief Executive Officer and prepare reports for the board of directors.
- Create development and marketing policies to follow industry best practices.
- Implement a marketing and communications strategy to increase the level of awareness in the community about the work of Met Council.
- An excellent communicator who speaks and writes with clarity and purpose to internal and external constituencies
- An independent, strategic thinker with good judgment, sensitivity and common sense
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence
- A strong commitment to integrity
- Proven ability to fund-raise significant gifts
- Knowledge of the philanthropic community in New York
- Bachelors Degree(required), Masters Degree (preferred)
- 5 years of increasing responsibility in the areas of fundraising
- Proven track record in the execution of fundraising strategic plans, setting and meeting goals and management of comprehensive fundraising programs
- Experience working with Jewish communal leadership, a plus
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, a plus