Our client is a leading worldwide Jewish health support organization providing programs that address the emotional, social, and financial needs of seriously ill children, their families, and communities.
They seek a dynamic individual with background in development to work in the NYC office covering NY, NJ & Los Angeles California. Candidate will have current experience in Development, within Jewish communities and will possess a strong understanding of development concepts. Candidate must be ambitious, motivated and willing to travel. Candidate must have a keen understanding of Jewish community services, as will need ability to build consortiums with other Jewish agencies and federations.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in managing a territorial development operation that includes major gifts, annual events, data management, and capital campaigns. The ideal candidate will also have; superior interpersonal and communication skills; constituency building and solid fund raising methodology skills; experience in managing volunteers, and an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. This is a hands-on position which requires periodic evening and Sunday work and travel to California.
- Personally solicit gifts
- Manage all strategies and activities to identify, prioritize, cultivate, solicit, recognize and steward donors and prospects.
- Solicit Family & Corporate Foundation.
- Develop a comprehensive planned-giving program utilizing charitable trusts, bequests and other planned giving tools
- Oversee on-line fundraising activities
- Design, implement and manage fundraising programs and events
- Interface with hospitals, physicians and other communal institutions.
- Interface with Board and administrative leadership
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 7 years of fundraising experience
- Proven track record in Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Special Events, and Volunteer Management.