Our client is a non -profit organization helping to provide food and resources for the impoverished in Israel.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Development/Fundraiser is to develop relationships with prospective and current donors as well as manage and implement grant proposals for a variety of funders to raise money and awareness for the organization. The Director will form a strategic solicitation plan and will maintain a personal relationship with new donors and steward current donors in order to maximize donor retention, engagement and investment.
- Organizing and managing a high-quality development office systems.
- Being accountable for all fundraising activities including maintaining and increasing funding received from individuals, events, foundations, corporations and other sources.
- Manage effective identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition of donors and prospects.
- Work closely with the CEO and key volunteers to identify, solicit, and secure major gift commitments.
- Identifying and developing major gifts prospects.
- Face-to-face meetings for solicitation.
- Board and Committee development, cultivation and membership.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers to carry out various functions within the organization.
- Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organizing events.
- Developing and tracking all grant proposals.
- Overseeing all fundraising content and promotional materials.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Creative self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Detail oriented.
- Superior problem solving and multi-tasking ability.
- Public speaking skills.
- Experience leading successful fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proven 5-10 years of fundraising experience.