Katz Yeshiva High School of South Florida is Florida’s largest Modern Orthodox High school, serving its’ surrounding local Jewish communities. With Near 400 students and over 70 Faculty members, our school community is actively engaged in the lifelong process of learning and character development.
At Katz Yeshiva High School (KYHS) we are committed to inspiring our students to make a lifelong commitment to Jewish values, learning, and observance, and to view all disciplines and pursuits through the prism of Torah. We challenge our students with an excellent Judaic and General Studies program that engages the heart and mind, builds character, and develops knowledgeable and thoughtful young men and women who will continue the journey of learning.
Director of Development
KYHS is seeking a dynamic fundraiser to fill the position of Director Of Development. The Director of Development will work closely with the Head of School, Executive Director and Board President to plan, create, and manage fundraising campaigns. The Director of Development will serve as a key member of the KYHS team, forming genuine relationships with community members and lay leaders to facilitate the continued advancement and success of our school through developing relationships with prospective donors, designing marketing campaigns and materials, and raising funds to support school initiatives. The Director of Development will work collaboratively and independently to arrange in-person meetings, follow up, and will be fully comfortable engaging the full range of the South Florida Jewish community (Orthodox and non-Orthodox).
This position can be full-time or part-time.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Spearheading development efforts to meet fundraising goals.
- Manage and organize a portfolio of new and prospective donors.
- Develop and engage with qualified prospective donors.
- Identify opportunities for funding and partnering with existing and new individuals and organizations to achieve funding successes.
- Create mail and online fundraising campaign appeals.
- Ability to express the mission, vision, and goals of our institution with passion, and persuasion.
- Utilize social media to create and publish engaging content consistent with organizational goals.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 3 years of experience in successful development and fundraising.
- Ability to think critically and creatively.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others.
- Possess strategic planning abilities to be applied toward fundraising programming.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Proficiency with social media.
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.