Our client, American Friends of Beit Ruth, seeks a Director of Development and Programming.
Beit Ruth for Young Women and Girls at Risk is a long-term therapeutic residence and school in Israel with a mission to ensure that vulnerable and at-risk girls are given the opportunity to thrive emotionally, socially, and academically, thereby breaking the cycle of violence for themselves and future generations of children. In a safe, structured, and loving home-like environment, Beit Ruth staff provide the academic and therapeutic resources necessary to enable at-risk girls to re-enter society as caring, educated, independent, and empowered young women. Through advocacy, we share our best practices and model program to educate, empower, and engage a global community to create social change. For more information, please visit www.beitruth.com
Beit Ruth seeks an experienced Fundraiser who has the proven capacity to manage and grow programs, and to design and implement successful fundraising strategies focused on the long-term success of the organization.
The goal of this new position is to deepen, grow, and expand the current development plan, including general and targeted fundraising, and community programs, including Young Leadership Council and B’nai Mitzvah Program. The Director of Development and Programming will be part of a visionary and engaged international team fully committed to addressing the needs of at-risk girls, advocacy, and gender empowerment.
This position will report to, and work closely with, the Executive Director, and will help manage the Development & Communications Coordinator toward successful programmatic and fundraising outcomes. The candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about the mission and energized by planning and engaging with a community of partners, donors, and prospects. You are a creative generalist who will design strategic and artful plans to cultivate and steward new donors and deepen engagement with existing donors, growing and strengthening both our community of donors and revenue streams. You easily move from planning, visioning, and strategy to executing. You are an optimist who naturally enhances collaboration among others. Some travel and occasional weekend meetings/events required.
- Responsible for helping to create and execute the organization’s comprehensive development plan and fundraising strategy to grow the organization’s database of donors and annual revenue.
- Direct and lead our new Young Leadership Council and grow our B’nai Mitzvah Program.
- Identify and research prospective high-level and major donors from existing database and event participants and seek out new prospects.
- Draft correspondence as well as help to plan annual appeals, campaigns, and case statements.
- Work collaboratively with the team on special events, parlor receptions, and annual Gala to meet and expand fundraising goals.
- Partner with the Grants & Communications Manager to initiate new grant relationships.
- Work with the Executive Director and Finance Manager to develop annual fundraising budgets.
- Significant experience in fundraising and development, preferably with Israel-based organizations and the New York-area philanthropic community.
- Demonstrated success in building and leading long-term programs that consistently lead to greater impact and that meet fundraising goals.
- Proven success in building philanthropic relationships and closing mid-level and major gifts.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word and Excel), and Donor Perfect (or similar donor management platforms) with strong understanding of data utilization and management, for strategic and tactical planning and decision making.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly creative and entrepreneurial individual who is a strategic thinker with a passion for connecting people with our mission and programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Beit Ruth’s professional team in New York and Israel, lay leadership, and the Beit Ruth Board, fostering collegiality and teamwork.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and experience working in a fast-paced environment.