Our client is The Friends of The Israel Defense Forces (FIDF). Their website is www.fidf.org They are headquartered in New York City, with a number of regional offices around the country.
This position will report to the Executive Director of Tri-State. The Development Director is responsible for managing a significant portfolio of donors, which includes individual, corporate, and foundation prospects. He/she will identify, research, and form a strategic solicitation plan and will maintain a personal relationship with donors in order to maximize their charitable and volunteer involvement. In addition, the director will provide leadership in the area of staff collaboration as well as strategic planning with respect to donors.
Among the responsibilities of the New York Director, s/he will increase income for the FIDF in the New York region, focusing on the real estate community.
The Director will identify research, manage and implement solicitation plans for a portfolio of individual, corporate, and foundation prospects. Fundraising will focus primarily on donors in the real estate industry, but the Director will have the opportunity to enlarge FIDF’s New York constituency beyond this sector.
FIDF is seeking a dynamic self-starter with at least 10 years of direct experience in fundraising. It is most important for the Director to understand and have a sincere and genuine interest in the importance of FIDF’s mission. A sophisticated and diplomatic personality who can work comfortably with people of influence and affluence is desirable.
- With an emphasis on the real estate community, the Director will lead, develop, implement, and manage short and long-term giving goals and strategies to support FIDF’s mission and fundraising goals.
- Act as the primary relationship manager with assigned portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Work with New York lay and staff leadership to synergize strategy and implement a plan to maximize brand recognition and the generation of funds to support FIDF. This includes identifying, recruiting, and partnering with local lay leaders.
- Collaborate with the National Fundraising Departments and Tri-State staff on campaign-related materials and events to ensure accuracy and consistency of messaging.
- Manage the planning and implementation of special events for donor recognition and fundraising; design and implement stewardship activities. This will include an annual Gala Dinner
- Maintain prospect management information through use of FIDF’s prospect management database.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated success in philanthropic fundraising including direct solicitation of and securing of individual major gifts; knowledge of the real estate community, a plus.
- Knowledge of New York City’s Jewish community culture, traditions, Jewish communal services required;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing a fundraising plan. Ability to articulate organizational goals related to building an effective philanthropy strategy for FIDF’s New York Chapter;
- Possess a decisive and inclusive decision style with the ability to manage small details while focusing on the big picture. An organized manager, comfortable recommending strategic direction and implementing that direction on his/her own;
- A sincere and genuine interest in the mission of FIDF; experience with Israel and working with Israelis preferred;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; skill in presenting oneself and communicating in a manner that is clear, effective and inspiring;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, along with the ability to lead with integrity and inspiration; must be flexible and open to working with volunteer lay leaders;
- Superior computer literacy; experience using donor management database systems to maximize fundraising results;
- Possess high levels of enthusiasm and energy; be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure and handle several projects at one time;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Be available for evening and weekend events; should be available for occasional travel to Israel.
Compensation commensurate with experience. All employees are eligible for merit increases and bonuses.