Our client, Yeshiva University www.yu.edu seeks an enthusiastic and experienced Director of Alumni Engagement. This role is responsible for driving the strategy to build and strengthen the alumni network through programs and activities that engage alumni in support of the mission of Yeshiva University. The Director will work with the Alumni team to plan and implement a variety of engagement opportunities for alumni including events, volunteerism and campus and community partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set the strategic direction, plan and execute programs and initiatives that help the University meet its key alumni engagement goals
- Recruit volunteers and identify volunteer leaders.
- As a member of the Institutional Advancement team, identify potential alumni donors to the University and work with colleagues to engage them.
- Facilitate and promote the immediate involvement of students in Alumni Engagement prior to graduation and communicate the advantages of their involvement, including a class gift – coordinated with Annual Fund Giving.
- Work with the Alumni team, Annual Giving and Communications and Marketing to help manage a social media and digital marketing campaign, including an interactive web community, alumni events calendar and e-announcements.
- Work closely with Institutional Advancement colleagues in Annual Giving, Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Communications to ensure seamless communications and coordination around advancement and institutional initiatives
- Partner with the Shevet Glaubch Center and the Career Services lay leadership teams in an effort to include alumni in career planning and advancement for our students and alumni, including the execution of Professional Networking Events.
- Manage information received daily about alumni and input into the CRM system
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate Alumni Engagement Manager
- Manage and track event budgets
- Set measurable goals and strategically evaluating success.
- Recruit and steward lay leaders into committee and affinity group positions, which will include mandatory donation levels.
- Solicit and receive donations from 25% of all first-time attendees at alumni functions and professional networking groups.
- Develop a plan for Senior Class gift that will include a minimum of 50% participation from the graduating class.
- Collaborate with Director of Annual Giving with growing undergraduate alumni participation numbers from 12.5% currently, to 15%
- Collaborate with Director of Annual Giving with growing graduate/undergraduate participation numbers from 21% to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of alumni relations experience, within the context of a greater fundraising environment
- Strong project management skills
- High level of proficiency with web-based resources
- Understanding of the philosophy of relationship management in a fundraising environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute to and execute the University’s mission
- Strong oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team with a broad spectrum of colleagues
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Strong initiative, high energy, flexibility required