Our client is an American Friends organization.
The Director is responsible for managing a significant portfolio of donors, which includes individual, corporate, and foundation prospects. He/she will identify, research, and form a strategic solicitation plan and will maintain a personal relationship with donors in order to maximize their charitable and volunteer involvement. In addition, the director will provide leadership in the area of staff collaboration as well as strategic planning with respect to donors. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate and execute annual fundraising plan
- Identify, research, cultivate and personally solicit a portfolio of donors in New Jersey.
- Develop and maintain a personal relationship as an account manager to maximize and strategically plan for all development opportunities through both ongoing events and individualized approaches
- Identify and recruit local lay leaders
- Research and develop prospects and cultivate and maintain relationships
- Coordinate regional events, including Gala Dinners, parlor meetings, community events and potential Mission trips
- Update and maintain prospect management information in database
- Work on maintain and increasing effectiveness of the New Jersey board
- Create reoccurring gifts from donors using annual giving levels
- Assume other responsibilities as requested.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Seven to ten years fundraising experience
- Knowledge of New Jersey communities, Jewish community, culture, traditions, Jewish Communal Services, Israel and current events.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills