Our client is The American Jewish Committee (AJC) www.ajc.org
The Development Director plays a significant role in advancing AJC Cleveland’s strategic vision, while working as part of a small team in all aspects of the region’s work. The position is integral to the success of the region in meeting ambitious advocacy, communications, and fundraising goals. Working closely with the Regional Director and lay leadership to plan, implement, and execute both successful programming and fundraising efforts as we expand our reach and impact.
The Development Director will be responsible for the cultivation, engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of existing donors and new prospects for the agency. The ideal candidate is a team player who works effectively with various stakeholders, but a creative self-starter who can work independently and lead initiatives. The person combines organizational acumen, attention to detail, and professionalism with a passion for and knowledge of, the mission of AJC. The candidate should have a strong familiarity with and connection to Cleveland’s Jewish Community.
- Manage an Annual Campaign raising an aggregate of over $500K, with the goal of increasing the campaign significantly within over time.
- Engage, strengthen, steward, and solicit existing donor relationships while cultivating and building new prospects.
- Manage, and Execute Development Events, including but not limited to honoree events, donor cultivation and recognition programs, and other special events. Includes, event strategy, building invitation lists, design and mailing of invitations, coordination of event logistics, management of vendor relations, lead solicitation process, and other necessary activities.
- Develop Donor Recognition Program, engage lay-leadership in local and national AJC leadership opportunities
- Assist with communications to lay leadership, donors, and prospects
- Manage development operations including donor database, gift processing, campaign reporting, prospect management, and donor research
- Work collaboratively with AJC’s National Development Department
- Assist in the planning and execution of all regional programming, advocacy, and related activities
- Perform other tasks as needed to support overall office effectiveness
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of, and a strong commitment to AJC’s mission and priority areas; as well as strong ties to the Cleveland Jewish and Philanthropic Community. The best candidate will be an experienced, goal-oriented development professional with planning and management skills and a proven track record of fundraising success with significant experience in donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
Specifically, the finalist will meet the following criteria:
- Passion for AJC’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6-8 years of fundraising experience with a proven track-record
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, project-management and time management skills, ability to manage data and develop, implement, and oversee a budget
- Ability to solve problems creatively and practically, to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative, with an entrepreneurial mindset, who can work independently or collaboratively with professional and lay leadership. Consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge, and in managing and interpreting development data
- Proficient in MS Office (especially word, excel, and power point)
- Availability for early morning, evening, and weekend meetings/programs.
- Ability to work remotely