Our client is the Chicago Chesed Fund (CCF) www.chicagochesedfund.org
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and works support CCF’s fundraising efforts, with specific attention to donor stewardship, major-donor development, foundations, and planned giving.
- Solicit new donors on behalf of the CCF, specifically focused outside the general community
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects/donors and foundations for small, large, and planned gifts.
- Develop and implement a plan to identify, cultivate, and solicit appropriate donors and prospects for major gifts ($5,000+).
- Planning and executing parlor/business meetings, and other events for new and existing major donors
- Monitor all prospect and donor contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of major gifts and appropriate acknowledgement and follow-up
- Managing and maintaining a portfolio of prospects and developing a plan and timeline for each which includes cultivation strategies and appropriate movement toward solicitation and closure of gifts
- Ability to present the aims and objectives of the organization in a manner that effectively informs and persuades others
- Coordinate implementation of a Planned-Giving program.
- Always communicate in a positive manner the work the CCF is achieving
- Be familiar with all organizational activities and events
- Assist in maintaining donor database (Admire www.admirepro.com), including documenting all contacts with donors and prospects, adding and updating information, and recording gifts.
- Abide by all policies & procedures set forth by the office and organizational fundraising policies
- 10+ years of Fundraising experience soliciting and closing major gifts
- Experience with individual, corporate, and foundation fundraising techniques and program development to include all aspects of proposal development, prospect identification, fund solicitation, endowments, and donor tracking
- Strong organizational, project-management and time management skills
- A self-starter, willing to take initiative, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Passionate about CCF and its mission
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral communication, writing, and research skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and aptitude for detail and prioritization.
- Experience with database systems and prospect research tools
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with strong sense of integrity.
- Ability to travel to local meetings and to attend evening meetings.
- Knowledge of the Chicago philanthropic community, a plus
- Experience writing Grants, a plus