The Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in the Northern New Jersey area, in Israel and around the world. Its primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Development Associate is a member of the development team and is expected to contribute to the overall success of Federation’s financial resource development strategy. The Development Associate is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding a portfolio of donors; conducting solicitation efforts; and participating in FRD/Annual Campaign events and activities.
- In consultation with the supervisor, sets annual campaign goals, including timely and accurate reporting of campaign progress, donor engagement, etc.
- Project manage annual campaign solicitation process for a portfolio of donors, inclusive of coordination and regular communication with donors and/or volunteer solicitors.
- Cultivates one-to-one relationships with donors.
- In consultation with the supervisor, identify prospective donors through analysis, networking, outreach and engagement strategies.
- Oversee strategic follow-up with attendees and chairs for events and programs.
- Act as connection point with donors to resolve issues quickly and maximize service to donors.
- Provide professional support for all development activities, including events that may occur outside of the regular work day.
- Other relevant responsibilities as required by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree.
- 3-5 years development/fundraising or related experience.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sense of humor.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with the capacity to work independently and collaboratively, based on the situation, in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, including willingness to work with a variety of staff members, maintain flexible hours, and travel throughout the northern New Jersey Jewish community as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills in Windows environment, including Microsoft Office Suite, databases, and internet.
- Working knowledge of the Jewish community and traditions.
- Strong personal commitment to the Federation mission.