Our client, the World Jewish Congress, American Section works on behalf of the Jewish community in North America, in Israel and around the world. It is a key point of contact for Jewish organizations, community leaders and dignitaries.
To promote and enhance all aspects of fundraising to the World Jewish Congress, American Section, in support of the global program, projects, and activities of the World Jewish Congress.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field incoming calls from donors and prospective donors; follow-up on voice mail messages; secure pledges; accept and process credit card donations over the phone.
- Preparation and mailing of departmental correspondence to donors
- Contact donors whose gifts cannot be processed (ex, credit cards are not valid, checks cannot be deposited, etc.)
- Data base updates and maintenance of donor information
- Research potential honorees and donors
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising events, parlor meetings, and other activities
- Administrative tasks, including opening mail, scanning, sorting, filing, copying.
The Development Assistant reports to the Executive Director of Development, working under the direct supervision of the Data Base Manager, and in close cooperation with all Development Department staff.
- Education: College degree preferred
- Languages: English (must), Other languages (advantage)
- Analytical, organized, attention to detail, able to work under pressure and flexible
- Professional computer skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge database and Engaging Networks email database preferred, but not required. Will train.
- Proficient writing and presentation skills in English
- Interest in fundraising for non-profit organizations
- Strong internet skills
- Clear written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-centered environment
This position has regular working hours with occasional overtime requirements as necessary. At the current time, there is the ability to work both from the WJC New York office and from home.