Our client is a Yeshiva, grades Pre-K through 12. They seek a Capital Campaign Director to oversee a $20 million capital project.
The candidate will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Board of Directors and school Administration. S/he will identify and cultivate prospects, capable of donating significant funds for the expansion of school facilities and a new school campus.
- Achieving the Capital fundraising goals.
- Creating strategies for solicitation purposes, conducting prospect research, preparing proposals, meeting with funders, arranging meetings, and following up.
- Coordinating with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in decisions regarding approaches to prospects, commemorative giving and naming opportunities, policies, and other issues related to the capital campaign.
- Steward prospects and donors. Identify donor needs and responsibilities. Prepare and organize letters, meetings, site visits and collateral materials. Follow up all meetings and events.
- Managing the prospect research and grant writing program.
- Overseeing fundraising operations, including donor files and database, gift accounting and acknowledgment, pledge collection, creation of financial records, media archives and other records.
- At least five years of Fundraising or Capital Campaign experience and relationships with individual, foundations and corporate major gift funders. Experience at a Jewish Day School, a plus.
- Demonstrated success in asking for and closing major gifts with individual donors, foundations and corporations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully implement fundraising strategies with an emphasis on capital campaigns
- Detail-orientated with impeccable oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience leading and engaging all stakeholders – Lay leaders, colleagues, parents, other donors, partners, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with proactive nature and creative approach.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.