Our client is the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey www.jfnnj.org
The Campaign Director will work to grow our campaign and engage donors in the work of Federation. The Director will have three major areas of responsibility: donor stewardship and cultivation; management of volunteers; and major fundraising events. In doing this work, s/he will supervise the department of Commerce & Professionals, The Network, and the Philanthropic Officer. This position reports to the COO.
- Philanthropy and Donor Stewardship/Cultivation
- Manage Campaign process: coordinate fundraising through prospect assignment, solicitation tracking, planning, and volunteer communications to facilitate staff efforts.
- Oversee the progress of the division’s campaign plans, monitoring regularly to ensure the effective operation of the divisions and coordination of activities when possible.
- Meet with current and potential donors to increase support for the community campaign.
- Staff annual campaign closing effort, developing and implementing the plan and working with all division staff to ensure coordination to accelerate the pace of campaign closing.
- Oversee team operations through management of systems, data analysis and reporting: serve as liaison with the data processing department, supervising pledge cards, rollover, database software, reports, campaign thank you notes, acknowledgments and billing processes, as well as the resolution of problems to facilitate effective technical support of campaign operations.
- Work with other departments to ensure integration of activities that will expand the campaign and enhance donor relations.
- Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase the community campaign and total financial resource development, employing a variety of fundraising techniques that include face-to-face solicitations, fundraising events, calling sessions, and written communications.
- Work with the Endowment Foundation for identification and stewardship of prospects for Endowment offerings.
- Support Federation’s philanthropy by accurately and successfully completing assignments according to defined timelines, cooperating with co-workers and volunteers to achieve the fundraising goals.
- Volunteer Management
- Manage solicitation process including: recruitment and follow-up with team leaders and team members; prospect selection; creation and maintenance of various solicitation lists and training tools: personal solicitation; and follow-up with donor issues to resolution.
- Identify, recruit, organize, and train volunteer workers in furthering campaign goals.
- Programs and Events
- Oversee planning of philanthropy-focused events including: leadership enlistment and management; marketing and attendee recruitment; logistics; and follow-up to ensure donor involvement in Federation.
- Oversee the organization of and recruitment for outreach/appreciation events to increase involvement in Federation.
- Provide support to co-workers to facilitate philanthropy activities.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Promote the mission of Federation at all times through superior customer service to all and through the efficient use and care of resources.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree required
- 7+ years of experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Skilled in direct solicitation.
- Staff management experience, required
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work effectively as part of a team, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to use computer systems including Outlook, Excel, Word, and a donor management system.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and strong personal commitment to the Jewish community and Federation mission.
- Knowledge of local Jewish community a plus.
- Flexibility to work evenings and some Sundays.