Our client is a premier Jewish outreach organization.
The Managing Director, a newly created position, will work collaboratively with the Board of Directors, staff and community, in leading the continuing transformation of the organization, as the most vibrant Jewish outreach learning organization in Toronto.
Fundraising and Financial Management
- Ensuring financial strength and sustainability of the organization through:
- Serving as the Chief Fundraiser of the organization
- Setting and overseeing a financially sound budget
- Developing and overseeing major fundraising strategies and initiatives in conjunction with staff and Board of Directors
- Being involved in major solicitations
- Aiding the organizations programs and synagogues to be fiscally responsible.
- Defining the bigger vision of the organization, including priorities, opportunities and strategies building upon the core values and experience of the organization.
- Act as an Ambassador and spokesperson for the organization while enhancing the organization’s community profile;
- Providing inspirational leadership and direction to the Board of Directors, Rabbinic staff, program staff, and volunteers to ensure the development and management of a professional and efficient organization;
- Growing and inspiring the organization through supporting the success of existing; programs and creating new/ innovative initiatives across the City of Toronto;
- Creating unity, synergy and implementing the unified vision within the organization and the community.
- Liaising with the organizations other branches.
Board of Directors
- Cultivating a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board;
- Reporting to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization’s activities;
- Conducting official correspondence on behalf of the Board of Directors;
- Identifying, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization;
- In partnership with the President, helping build a diverse Board representing the community that is highly engaged and willing to leverage and secure resources;
- Fostering effective team work between the Board of Directors and professional staff;
Human Resources Management
- Building and overseeing a management structure to implement the organization’s vision.
- Establishing a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations;
- Overseeing the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting annual performance reviews;
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring staff as appropriate to improve performance;
- Dealing with disciplinary issues with staff using the organization’s human resources protocols and policies.
- Ensuring that the organizations branding and Public Relations are developed and effective
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven experience in successful fundraising & leadership, with minimum of 7 years of fundraising experience
- Passion for the organization’s mission
- Strong organizational and staff management experience
- Experience developing a comprehensive strategic plan, constituency building and solid fundraising methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems and to multi-task
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and lay leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset; able to identify and pursue opportunities