Our client is The Hampton Synagogue. www.thehamptonsynagogue.org
They are building a state-of-the-art Children’s Center and Campus. The synagogue is one of the most dynamic synagogues in the United States. Realizing that the future of the Jewish people are its children, they are continuing that focus by establishing a Children’s Center. The Center will shape our youth into good citizens, joyful learners, and well-rounded people using the best of Jewish culture and tradition. The Hampton Synagogue has demonstrated excellence in all its endeavors and has established very supportive stakeholders.
It is expected to open the Summer of 2021 and operate all year round for children & teenagers, ages 1-17. During the Hampton Synagogue ‘season’ (May-Oct) programming will be 7 days. Off Season (Nov-April), the Center will operate only on weekends. The Center will be a two-story facility that will also house state of the art fitness, wellness and recreation programming and an aquatics center.
They seek an experienced Executive Director to establish all Programs, hire and oversee staff, as well as participate in fundraising efforts.
- Develop program design, success metrics, and strengthen youth program activities.
- Ensure operational excellence and meet financial objectives.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of the Children’s Center.
- Hire, mentor and motivate staff to create a collaborative group culture focused on learning and exploration.
- Oversee vendor & service relationships for the Center.
- Cultivate relationships with the Synagogue families and community to build strong connections and loyalty.
- Along with the Centers leadership, develop membership models.
- Partner with Marketing to deliver compelling storytelling for the Centers’ programs and activities.
- Partner with Development efforts to identify and cultivate donor interest and engagement with the Centers’ programming.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in relevant field, a plus.
- 5+ years’ proven experience creating, designing, and developing innovative youth programming, including implementation and growth. JCC, YM/YWHA Administrative and Programming experience is ideal. Camp administrative & programming experience will also be considered.
- Passionate about Children’s Programming.
- Familiarity with Community Center membership models.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with experience developing new business models.
- Experience establishing a Youth Center, a plus.
- Commitment to working in an environment that embraces the value of Jewish culture and tradition for everyone.
- High energy, extroverted and able to play a lead brand ambassador role internally and externally.
- Experience developing a strong team and adept at working within a collaborative workforce.
- Experience developing and leading programming addressing Jewish identity development, youth leadership development, community service, and Israel education.
- Administrative and management skills including budget management, scheduling, and communications management.
- Excellent communicator with ability to communicate effectively with staff, lay leaders and program participants.
- Positive, dynamic, contagious love for Jewish Life, community builder.
- Self-starter with comfort taking initiative.