Our client, The Jewish Federation and Foundation of Rockland County, NY is seeking an experienced leader to develop and execute the vision for our Jewish community. The ideal candidate would be a dynamic, innovative individual who can relate to a religiously diverse, multi-generational community and inspire participation. The candidate should have a proven track record of Development and Program Implementation skills. Excellent communication skills and comfort with social, print and electronic media is essential.
The Executive Director is responsible for the professional leadership and management of the Federation and Foundation in a rapidly changing environment. The Executive Director, with volunteer partners, oversees the implementation of strategic planning initiatives, financial growth and management, staff supervision and Board and committee operations. Building collaborative partnerships both inside and outside the Jewish Community are significant components of the role, as are Community Relations activities, including advocacy on behalf of the Jewish community locally and in Israel. With accountability to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate must be a “hands-on” executive and effective relationship and team builder.
- Provide inspiring, creative and dynamic leadership across generations and in a changing environment.
- Be the primary fundraiser, including stewardship, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors, to meet the organization’s annual revenue goals and endowment targets.
- Ensure the development of an organization committed to the attraction, motivation, and retention of lay leaders and quality staff.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders and constituencies, including agencies, synagogues (both clergy and lay leaders), individual donors, foundations, governmental bodies and others, both Jewish and secular.
- Build a strong unified community by energizing and driving Community Weaving.
- Bring to life the values of Klal Yisrael (community) Tikkun Olam (repair the world) Tzedakah (justice) and Hessed (kindness).
- Direct the development and implementation of an annual operating plan and budget that ensures the organization’s objectives are met.
- In conjunction with the Board, develop organizational multi-year strategic goals and measurable outcomes consistent with the mission and vision of the organization.
- Energize an active Community Relations Council (CRC) program including Israel advocacy.
- Ensure administrative operations and staff are effectively managed, including Finance, Board, Human Resources, Insurance/Risk Management, and Information Technology.
- Manage the allocation of funds to local, Israel-based and other beneficiaries.
- Along with the President and CRC Chair, serve as a primary spokesperson and public representative.
- Motivate and oversee regular donor and leadership travel to Israel.
- Engage and build a pipeline of new volunteer leaders and donors.
- Create and implement innovative strategies to attract new families and donors.
- Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Strong and diverse experience in Development/Institutional Advancement, including annual campaigns, grants, individual gift solicitation, stewardship, and endowment development.
- Five to seven years of progressively greater responsibility managing within a complex organization. Federation or Jewish Community not-for-profit experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain relationships between key individuals and stakeholders, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Strong communications skills including the ability to use social media platforms, and other forms of media (electronic and print).
- Knowledge and familiarity with Jewish customs, traditions, and values.
- Knowledge of the organized Jewish community; locally, nationally, and overseas.
- Outstanding analytical, financial, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Donor databases, Quick Books and social media platforms.
- Visionary with a “big picture” perspective, detail-oriented and well versed in organizational systems and culture.
- Flexibility in dealing with the evolving needs of the community, lay leadership and staff.
- BA degree is required.