The Executive Director of the organization will serve as the chief relationship officer and development coordinator for North America. The position will work closely with the President and will report to the International Director of Development. The director will work closely with both Israel and New York based professional staff and will have the autonomy and resources to help implement a marketing campaign, donor relations, and create alumni activities.
- Work closely with senior staff, to maximize their time in the US and follow up from their visits.
- Accompany President on donor meetings, including annual Shabbat/weekend trips in North America.
- Create a support system which will oversee all logistics for the organizations representatives visits to the US.
- Develop a strategy with the senior team for each donor/prospect in North America that allows the Executive Director to identify, solicit, cultivate and steward donors in their portfolio. Maintain and enhance the relationship between current North American donors and the institution. Use the following tools to increase the organizations revenue streams: coordinate the annual dinner, help to develop parlor meetings and speaking engagements with visiting scholars.
- Work with professionals, board members and current major donors to expand the donor base. With help of the Chair of the American Board of Directors develop and expand the board of directors to effectuate the generation of additional revenue for the institution while supporting its mission and goals.
- Plan and implement Missions and trips to Israel (and elsewhere) for donors and major gift prospects (as needed and appropriate)
- Create a system that ensures the timely issuance of gift acknowledgements and tax receipts
- Will be in charge of re-imagining of the North American office physical and support structure
- Oversee the operations in the U.S. including the supervision of all staff, providing direction, coaching, problem resolution, measures and metrics of success and performance evaluations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven plus years successful experience in major gift cultivation, solicitation and fundraising
- Knowledge of individual, corporate, and foundation fundraising techniques and program development to include all aspects of proposal development, prospect identification, fund solicitation, endowments, and donor tracking
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and oral communication skills, persuasiveness, imagination and insight
- Ability to rapidly become familiar with the organization’s priorities, programs, and events
- Excellent problem-solving, research and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and careful attention to detail
- Experience with database systems and prospect research tools
- Ability to travel as needed